positive v negative

I have to say I'm more than a bit pleased, I seem to have gotten through today in one piece. The last couple of weeks have been bloomin tiring, and a huge mix of positive and negative.
Now as someone who is more than a bit prone to being overdramatic, and not seeing the best of a situation, I try really, really hard to suck it up and get on with it! Sometimes, it's such hard work that the smile gets somewhat over stretched, and the laugh a bit more manic as exhaustion sets in, until the inevitable stream of tears flows and I finally strop out or give in to the biscuit tin!
I have a few very negative people in my life, who seem to revel in their own misery and sucking the joy out of everyone else's, which is another reason i try hard to be the opposite. Recently I have met a few jolly super people who seem to have a good grip of being jolly positive, but realistic at the same time. This is something i really struggle with.  One of these lovely people has a way of seeing things, and letting you know the positive of a situation without being completely patronising and has helped me see that things aren't as bad as I think! Which this week has been nothing but a God send!
If another person hits my car and doesn't stop to check the damage or leave details, or can't be bothered to say thank you when I have massively put myself out for them, or walks away because they have 'clocked off' and leaves me to sort out the mess even though I don't even work on that day, or my eldest has another strop about nothing, my middly has had 3 quite major panic attacks, the divvy next door fogged out my washing with his bonfire or .......the list goes on!!! It's far to say I've had a crappy couple of weeks!
But,
as someone who is choosing to see positive over negative, the car can be mended, no one is injured, the children had a fab time at samba, some lovely people at work helped me so i got to know them better, strop boy is lovely (hormones aside!!), middly is learning to cope with his panic attacks and has the most lovely teachers, and my lovely neighbour went to the trouble of getting in my washing or .......the list goes on!

So yes, people can be rubbish, but they can also be wonderful, and helpful and inspiring and as my favourite Dr said.....

Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, and blinking, step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than - No, hold on. Sorry, that's the 'Lion King.'    (Christmas Invasion 2005)

Comments

Post a Comment