O my word, i'm a big yellow chicken!!!!

I've had the best day today, we whizzed off up to Chessington to while away the hours getting wet and having the pants scared off us! The weather eventually cleared up, and youngest's hands were less like ice cubes cos he refuses to keep his gloves on!
We joined up with the very lovely B and her daughter who, i have to say, put me to shame, it appears I am a very yellow chicken :)
I have never been so glad to have the blond, wayward haired one to look after. Why, why, why can some people find being lobbed down a slippery slope, in a very uncomfortable boat, getting absolutely soaked fun? Why is it that i would rather eat horse poo than go through the ordeal of being uncomfortably stuffed into something with steel bars to keep you in and sent spinning round a rollercoaster?!!! Surely the steel bars are enough to send anyone packing!
I would love to say it's because of my vertigo, but i fear the answer is in fact that i'm a great big scaredy cat!!! So having a built in 'i need to look after my baby' excuse suits me fine.
It's true, i don't like the stomache lurchy feeling of being thrown up and down, but speed i love!!!! The faster the better as far as i'm concerned. So surely if i chilled out a bit i might actually enjoy the odd soaking on Dragon falls, maybe? I saw some real littlies laughing their heads off whilst flying round on various rides I won't even consider....yet!
I was so proud of eldest and middly wandering off with their Auntie, scared out of their heads, waiting for the inevitable thrill of the ride. Seeing their faces screaming with joy, descending at full pelt into a wall of water was amazing, especially considering some of the trials middly has been through recently. But there was one thing missing....me.
Do you think it's possible to change that much? I'm so envious (in a nice way of course) of Auntie B's thrill seeking ways. I don't want to be a boring stuck in the mud, and i don't think i'll ever manage some of the major roller coasters, but i might just make it out of the bubble works and onto the vampire ride someday soon.
That's if i can throw off my big yellow chicken feathers!!!!!!:o)

Comments