Insomnia!

Before having my boys i was the heaviest sleeper on the planet, and could get to sleep in a jiffy! Now i wake at the slightest noise, and have so much whirling around in my head it takes forever to nod back off again, especially with a teething snoring 1 year old hogging my side of the bed!!
Sometimes just looking into his chubby little face, with his blondy, wayward hair, calms me in a way that only watching a sleeping baby can do. Other nights, nothing will do and i have my head space invaded with all number of weird and wonderful thoughts.
Last night, i wondered if i should pack the cases, or stuff it all back in the wardrobes. Do these actresses newsreaders etc. all realise they are morphing into 2 versions of the same person either blonde or brunette? Can they not see that having filler stuffed like pillows into one part of their faces makes another kook more wrinkled? I guess not! How must it feel to smile or eat with a trout pout, a bit like having permanent I've just been to the dentist and the anaesthetic hasn't worn off yet? Maybe!
I planned the music to play at a relatives 80th party, then wondered whether i could start up a community concert band. Where could we rehearse? Who would come? What night? Could we get a community grant to buy instruments so that i could teach beginners, and arrange the music myself? Would the boys like to learn the sax? I must check ebay for those blue ones. And why is the shower dripping in the bathroom, it never does that.
Then i tried to work out how many  times I'd heard the flaming dawn chorus this week, and why call it that when it's more of a cacophony of squealing seagulls around here.
Finally after exhausting all the possible areas of strange mind meanderings, i looked into his chubby little face, with his blondy wayward hair, and was calmed in a way that only watching a sleeping baby can ........

Comments